For February 19, 2017
Officers For The Month Of February
Deacons:Deacon Percy Campbell (h) 598-8612 and Deacon-Elect Earl Mason (c) 347-3503
Trustee: Edward Whitehead (c) 400-5213
The following ministries will be meeting this week:
*Ushers Ministry Mon., Feb. 20 – 7:00pm
*Deaconess Mon., Feb. 20 – 7:00pm
*Mustard Seed Tue. & Thur., Feb. 21 & 23 – 6:00pm
*Mass Choir Tue. & Thur., Feb. 21 & 23 – 6:30pm
*Eternal Praise Tue. & Thur., Feb. 21 & 23 – 7:00pm
*Seasoned Praise Dance Sat., Feb. 25 – 10:00am
FUBC Ministries 30 Days At-A-Glance
Nominating Committee: Nominations for the following positions: 1 – Music Committee and 4 – Trustee Positions are being received through Wednesday, February 22. Position descriptions and terms are posted on the bulletin boards throughout the church. Nomination forms are available in the Fellowship Hall. Please leave completed forms and all necessary paperwork in the Nominating Committee’s Nomination Box in the Fellowship Hall.
Youth & Young Adult Ministry: Schools Out! We Are Going Skating! On Monday, February 20th, all Youth and Young Adult members are invited to come roller skating with us from 1:30-3:30pm at Skate-A-Way, 3330 Speeks Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112. There is a sign-up sheet in the Fellowship Hall for all those who would like to participate. For more information please speak with Rev. Joshua Williams or Sis. Jessica Mason.
1st Quarter Church Meeting: Thursday, March 23rd at 6:45pm. Ministries are asked to submit your reports to the church office (email@example.com) by March 5th.
Seasoned Praise Dance Ministry: Is seeking new members age 55 and above. If interested, please contact Sister Evelyn Vincent or Deaconess Wanda Henderson.
Sunday School – VBS Planning: Volunteers are needed. If interested, please contact Reverend Charlene McQueen-Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-939-9464.
Ushers Ministry Anniversary: Sunday, March 5th at 11:00am. For more information, contact Deaconess Wanda Henderson.
USDA Food Distribution: Thursday, March 9th at 6:00pm. The Trustees will assist.
Prayer Requests: May be sent to the following email address – email@example.com.
Stay Connected: Friend First Union Baptist Church Derwent Road on Facebook. Click here and then click LIKE to quickly be connected with us on Facebook and see our Facebook posts.
OUR KNOWN HEALING AND RECOVERING
- Sis. Marjorie Bryant, 6436 Moon Lane, Richmond, VA 23234, 218-4998
- Sis. Rita M. Christianbey
- Sis. Louise Clark, 9525 Gregory’s Charter Ct, North Chesterfield, VA 23236, 937-3320
- Sis. Patricia Harper, 5406 Burtwood Lane, Richmond, VA 23224
- Sis. Patricia Harrison-Evans, 4601 Britannia Rd, Richmond, VA 23234
- Rev. Gwen Hedgepeth, 500 Erich Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, 385-0101
- Bro. Howard Jackson, 7246 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, 23225, 320-7901
- Sis. Shirley Jones, 635 Tilton Court, Richmond, VA 23224, 230-0271
- Bro. Robert Jordan, 621 N. 33rd St, Richmond, VA 23223, 745.1831
- Sis. Willie M. Scott, 11310 Mendota Rd, Chesterfield, 23238, 739-2943
- Bro. James Smith, 6242 Manuel Court, Richmond, VA 23234, 743-9740
- Sis. Eleanor Taylor, Lexington Court Nursing Home, 1776 Cambridge Dr., Richmond, VA 23238
Sympathy and Bereavement
Your church family is praying for you.
Pastor Whitaker and the FUBC Church family wish to extend our deepest sympathy to:
- Sonnie Strong in the loss of his sister, Sheila Cupit. Her funeral service will be Saturday, February 25th 10:00am at Devereux United Methodist Church, Philadelphia, PA.
The FUBC Pastor’s Prayer Room
Phone number: (712) 775-7031
Access code: 770-046
Join us each Wednesday at 12 noon